Window blinds are available in a plethora of materials to choose from and provide certain benefits that the expensive curtains do not. From insulation to the perfect filtration of light, window blinds maintain elegance and budget simultaneously.
Wooden blinds add to the natural connection and provide a sense of warmth, calmness and serenity. The customized faux wood blinds and real wood blinds are ideal for customers vying for a touch of modernization in the classic designs. They camouflage with the other items of décor and come in a variety of options such as ivory shades and the classic and rustic looks.
Faux wood or real wood is a tough, debatable decision to make. If they were to fight a war, faux wood would triumph over the real wood blinds, considering the following victorious battles of faux wood:
- Easy to install – Faux wood incorporates PVC and other composite substitutes to imitate the durability and aura of real wooden blinds and are hence, easy to modify according to the requirements proposed by the customers and lighter than real wood, making them simpler to lift and install.
- The Durability factor – The surrounding stimuli harshly affect real wood and thus, require supreme maintenance in the form of polishing and chemical coating. Nevertheless, their lifespan is relatively shorter than their faux wood counterparts as the composite materials used to structure faux wood blinds make them resistant to dirt and dust. Moreover, real wood swells and warps when exposed to moisture which does not happen in the case of faux wood blinds.
- Budget friendly – Real wood requires tedious labor in manufacturing and installation as cutting and shaping hard wooden materials is tough and even require a rigorous maintenance. These factors make them expensive and sometimes, out of the affordability zone. Faux wood blinds keep the expenses in check while maintaining the elegance and add to the decorative vibes without any compromises.
- Resistant to moisture – Composite materials used to manufacture faux wood blinds are water resistant and do not swell and warp like the real wood when exposed to moisture. The perfect and absolute varnish and paint coats don’t ensure the protection of real wood against rotting and hence, faux wood can be installed in humid spaces such as bathrooms and can be cleaned using water.
- Resistant to scratches – Scratches and dents are often in a household flooded with the naughty children and pets and thus, real wood blinds are in danger most of the times. Faux wood on the other hand, is resistant to cracks and natural decomposition due to composites and hence, has a relatively longer lifespan than the real wood blinds.
- Fade resistant – Real wood blinds commence to fade when exposed to sunlight for quite some time, deteriorating the look. Faux wood blinds are effective as they are resistant to fading.
- Ideal for maritime areas – Coastal areas experience high humidity that real wood can’t sustain, but faux wood can.
For more details, check out selectblindscanada.