If you’ve always assumed that neutrals are bland, it’s time to rethink your point of view. Neutrals will offer the right framework for a variety of design schemes, whether you’re a true minimalist or a maximalist. Also, it’s a safe away to make every space look more trendy. Are you searching for the right balance for your own living room? Consider the gray palette — the go-to with some of our favorite home designers. Listed below are beautiful living room ideas, including tons of creative ways to design with shades of gray.
- To implement a significant ‘wow’ impact, allow a gray background for a bright piece of furniture or decor. It’s a perfect way to draw attention to a specific piece — whether it’s hanging on the wall or put as part of a furniture layout like a red couch.
- Place an edgy twist on a classic mid-century style incorporating a dark gray paint palette. Focus on a space that has no typical mid-century styling colors or catch– pieces. Yet, it has a streamlined elegance that pays tribute to the period while remaining totally new and contemporary.
- Although this space can probably be appreciated fairly by both genders, it has a far more masculine feel, due to a huge role played by l the gray walls, luxury furniture, and rugged wood highlights. By combining these shades and designer fabrics, the space is turned into a bachelor’s paradise full of luxury and charm.
- Grey living rooms might have as great fun as their vibrant equivalents. However, it is essential to pay attention to the specifics. Otherwise, the room will end up looking gloomy. This spacious living space can be distinguished by small yet essential features such as the fireplace stone, the designs in the rugs and cushions, and the array of decorations in the bookshelves.
- There is a widespread myth that gray rooms appear to be dark. However, a comfortable gray living room is not a fantasy and can easily turn into reality. The maple coating and the dark wood floors bring out the brown undertones in the gray color, while the rich charcoal seats and furniture are crafted in soft neutrals that contribute to the comfortable and snug ambiance of the room.
- Despite several standard views, the gray rooms don’t have to be gloomy and monotonous. When coupled with soft fabrics and natural materials, gray living rooms will look unique. Although this modern living room has very little color, it is beautifully vibrant and vivacious.
- Each gray space, whether dark or light, requires a little warmth. This can be achieved by utilizing greys with mild undertones (like browns), but it could also be achieved in a more natural way — including fabrics and textures that both feel and look gentle. This living room attributes its cozy feeling to the furniture — both the smooth-looking fabrics used and the comfortable seating layout.
- Contrary to popular belief, Gray is a particularly functional shade that blends well in a large range of accent tones. You can try incorporating shades of yellow in a predominantly gray room, to add elements of joy and positivity to the area. Be certain that the gray and gradient color used is identical in tone to build a look that fascinates. This produces a more cohesive result, which means that the two function together effortlessly.
- Gray appears to be in a number of tones, and gray shade with green undertones is a pleasant and inviting choice. In this space, the walls are painted with a gray shade that is almost sensible, and as a consequence of the black and charcoal furniture that shines against it. The décor is simple, but due to the hue of the walls, the space looks comfortable and cozy.
- The gray coat is not solely for the walls. In another idea of a wide-open plan living room, the ceiling can be painted in the same grey shade just like on the walls. Although common wisdom suggests that darker ceilings usually render rooms to look smaller, but if smartly worked with whites, it can not only make the ceiling seem higher but also brighter.
Naresh Prashar is marketing manager of E-Living Furniture, a leading online portal for affordable and elegant furniture for all types. Now a busy businessman, he loves to travel around the world and write on related topics whenever finds some time from his busy schedule.