When making the choice between a metal roof versus shingles, it’s not always easy to decide which roofing option is going to provide you with the best level of protection. If you’re committed to investing money in your home, having a new roof that will protect you can be a quality and key choice for your budget and for maintaining your property. When choosing between asphalt or shingle roofs in your home, here is what you should know about each type of material.
Metal Roof Systems
Metal roofs were a primary target for many vacation homes but today metal roofs are much for popular on almost any type of residential home. Because of the wide range of choices for metal roofs in color and style, it gets easier for people to enjoy better support for the lifespan and quality of roofing materials. Here are some of the top perks of choosing a metal roof.
- Metal roofs are incredibly energy-efficient
- Metal roofs are made of fireproof material
- Metal roofs are waterproof
- Metal roofs offer wind protection
- Metal roofs can have a lifespan of up to 70 years.
Asphalt shingles are some of the most widely used roofing systems in the world. Asphalt shingles are available in a wide range of colors and designs and homeowners across Florida are regularly investing in new shingle roofs. Some of the greatest advantages of these systems is that they’re inexpensive to install. Here are some other advantages that you can enjoy by choosing an asphalt shingle roofing selection.
- They are cheaper to install and purchase
- They have style and colors that can suit the look of your home
- They offer relatively simple installation and maintenance
- They are fireproof and waterproof
- They offer a look that can blend in with many other homes in your community.
- Asphalt shingles can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance and installation
Making the choice on the right type of roofing material for your needs can be important. With the help of a quality roofing contractor, you can make the best decision regarding your roofing materials. Contact us today to learn more.
This post was written by Reggie Reed! Reggie is a state-certified roofing contractor and co-owner of Reggie Reed Roofing, the best Pinellas County roofing company. He is a 4th generation roofing contractor. RR Roofing offers a wide variety of roofing services for residential homes, apartment complexes, condos, commercial buildings, churches and more. Reggie enjoys dedicating his spare time to helping underprivileged youth in his community and traveling with his family and friends.